Switch to Desktop Version
Over 11,500 Brazilian Keratin Treatments Performed in Our Salons Since 2010!
Keratin Treatment Best Practices
- Sophia La Belle in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland has 3 level of Keratin Treatment lines. Our products are superior and they are sealed in the salon, so no long wait. For Maximum results, we recommend Shampoo hair within 24 hours. NOTE: Ask your stylist For more information.
- We generally recommends for best result you color your hair “anytime” before the treatment, or wait 10 days to 2 weeks after treatment. Note: You can schedule your color services and Keratin treatment with us for the same day.
- After getting the treatment and before the first shampoo: Do not Tie or wear your hair in a ponytail; Do not pin it back or wear it behind the ears either. Note: If you did, no problem flat iron if you get any creases.
- Avoid going to the gym or outdoor exercising before the first shampoo, due to sweating that Contains Sodium chloride and will affect the keratin molecules.
- Avoid going to the pool/beach or any Showers up to the first shampoo, and if your hair gets wet by any reason, immediately blow dry it first and follow by flat ironing the hair if necessary .You may cover your hair in a shower cap if needed.
- Over counter and other brand sulfate and sodium free products WILL offer different results! We strongly recommend “Sophia La belle after Treatment lines” of products for many reasons. The list includes but not limited to the facts that after treatment products by Sophia La Belle are designed to maintain Brazilian Keratin treatment for much longer time (Up to 5 Months). They are all color protect, and UV protection ingredients also low in pH, Sulfate & sodium chloride FREE and “formulated” to maintain “Our” brand level of Brazilian Keratin Collagen Treatment in your hair long after the service.
- Sophia La Belle Brazilian Keratin Treatment in Washington DC Virginia and Maryland can be performed on highlighted/colored hair, or immediately right after highlight/color service.
- Avoid any hair products such as Hair Sprays, Gels or Mousse containing Alcohol, Sulfate & Sodium Chloride.
- If you get ridges in your hair in the morning because of sleeping on it, use either a blow drier or a flat iron to straighten those sections; although flat ironing the whole hair during the first 24hrs helps to seal the treatments well in the hair.
- ATTN. Stylists: After the Treatments, Avoid doing any Color, highlight services on the treated hair up to 10 days to 2 weeks. Instead, give those services BEFORE the treatment, as close to the service day as possible, even the same day; You may just need to do one clarifying shampoo to start your Keratin collagen Treatment not to remove any desired colors/toners.
- Sophia La Belle Brazilian Keratin treatments in Washington DC can be done on any previously chemically treated or relaxed hair, sodium Hydroxide Thio Chemical, Japanese Straightening treated hair BUT only AFTER 2 WEEKS!
- Avoid doing the service on any pregnant/breast feeding clients or by the stylist in the same situation.
- The Treatments can be done on Women and Men. Minimum age for the treatment is 8 years and up.
- You can get your hair trim or hair cut before or after treatment.
- Although our treatments last 3.5 to 5 months (Depending on the level of treatment, texture of the hair and use of our after treatment products and clients life style), they can be done on a monthly basis or every 2 months to cover the new growth area as well. There is NO retouch application only, since the more you do this service, it seals into the hair more and more, so it will be done from roots to ends again each time.
- NOTE: Keratin treatments last 3.5 to 5 months depending on the level of treatment, texture of the hair,clientsactive lifestyle, hair density, condition of the hair, and use of ONLY Sophia La Belle after treatment products.
Hair Extensions Maintenance Guide
- Brush your hair and remove all tangles, then wash it while upright, do not flip the hair over in the opposite direction.
- We recommend Sophia La belle Shampoo and hydrating conditioner to keep the hair soft as it is specifically formulated for hair Keratin Treated and Hair Extensions. Too much conditioner or any other hair care products can cause build up and tangling.
- Stay away from products containing alcohol, oil or ethanol, as these ingredients make hair dry and could compromise the adhesive on the extensions.
- Never sleep on wet hair – make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed, then gently tie hair up or braid hair to prevent tangling.
- Start with a extension brush, brushing in a downward motion, begin at the ends of the hair and gently work towards the top (do not brush harshly).
- Brush hair 2 to 3 times a day
- When using heat tools to style, make sure to protect the extensions with a thermal styling product. Excessive heat can reduce the life of the extensions. Do not isolate heat on the adhesive bands.
- Our stylist will handle all chemical processes while extensions are being worn (e.g. perm, color, and keratin).
- Hair tangles when dirt and sweat build up so wear hair up or in a ponytail when exercising and be sure to wash hair after working out, swimming, etc.
- We recommend applying a small amount of Sophia La Belle Leave-in conditioner spray prior to swimming. This prevents the hair from absorbing harmful elements, such as chlorine or salt water. Exposing extensions to sunscreen may cause discoloration.