Switch to Desktop Version
The Best Hair Care Tips After Undergoing Keratin Hair Treatment
Brazilian Keratin and Hair Botox Treatment Best Practices
- Sophia La Belle in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland has 3 level of Brazilian Keratin Treatment lines and over 20+ variation of Keratin Hair Botox Treatment. Our products are superior and only available through our salons. Sophia La Belle Treatments are sealed in the salon, so no 2 to 4 days wait like other Keratin Treatments. For Maximum results, we recommend Shampoo hair within 24 hours. NOTE: Ask your stylist for more information.
- For best results we generally recommends that you color your hair “anytime” before any of the treatments, or wait 10 days to 2 weeks after treatments.
NOTE: You can schedule your color services and Keratin treatment with us for the “same day” service in Washington DC and Virginia locations.
- Unlike hundreds of other Brazilian Keratin treatments or Hair Botox Treatment out in the market, only with our superior product lines you can tie or wear your hair in a ponytail; you can pin it back or wear it behind the ears. You can even go to gym, outdoor exercising, pool/beach right after Sophia La Belle Treatments. Unlike other Keratin Treatment, or Hair Botox brands there is no limitations with our products BUT you must use our shampoo, condition and spray leave-in condition right after shower due to sweating that contains Sodium chloride which will affect the Keratin molecules.
NOTE: If you do get any creases, no problem just flat iron.
- Over counter and other brand sulfate and sodium free products WILL NOT offer the same results! We strongly recommend “Sophia La belle blue line of after Treatment products” for many reasons. The list includes but not limited to the facts that after treatment products are designed by our own chemist in our own factory to work with Sophia La Belle brand of treatments for appearance and longer life of treatment. They are all color protect, and UV protection ingredients also low in pH in order to keep the hair cuticle closed long after the service, so Keratin treatment would last long and look great.
- Please keep in mind that average hair grows about 1 inch per month away from scalp, and obviously new grown hair does NOT have the Keratin on it. Depending on hair texture, life style, and speed of growth it is recommended that you do your treatment often and not to wait till it completely fades out. It is strongly recommended that you do your keratin before it completely fade away on the hair shaft. Ask your stylist for more information and recommendation based on your hair texture and lifestyle.
- Sophia La Belle Brazilian Keratin Treatment and Hair Botox treatment (Washington DC Virginia and Maryland) can be performed on highlighted/colored hair, or immediately right after highlight/color service.
- Avoid any hair products such as Hair Sprays, Gels or Mousse containing Alcohol, Sulfate & Sodium Chloride.
- If you get ridges in your hair in the morning because of sleeping on it, use either a blow drier or a flat iron to straighten those sections; although flat ironing the whole hair during the first 24hrs helps to seal the treatments well in the hair.
- After the Treatments, Avoid doing any Color, highlight services on the treated hair up to 10 days to 2 weeks. Instead, give those services BEFORE the treatment or same day as close to the service day as possible.
- Sophia La Belle Hair Botox Treatment or Brazilian Keratin treatments (Washington DC, Virginia VA, Maryland MD) can be done on any previously chemically treated or relaxed hair, sodium Hydroxide Thio Chemical, Japanese Straightening treated hair BUT only AFTER 2 WEEKS!
- We do offer Formaldehyde FREE Keratin Treatment BUT we highly recommend that pregnant/breast feeding clients get permission from their doctors first before having any Keratin service done with us as we are not responsible.
- The Treatments can be done on Women and Men. Minimum age for the treatment is 8 years and up. You can get your hair trim or haircut before or after treatment.
- Although our Brazilian Keratin Treatments can last up to 5 months and Keratin Hair Botox up to 6 months. If needed our Treatments can be done on a monthly basis or every 2 months because of the new growth. (NOTE: Depending on the level of treatment, texture of the hair, your active lifestyle, time of the year, hair density, current condition past history of the hair, and consistent use of ONLY Sophia La Belle after treatment products)
- Sophia La Belle Brazilian Keratin and Hair Botox Treatment over all happen to last longer than any other Treatments out in market. Our treatments have none or very little Formaldehyde, eliminate frizz, minimizes and softens the curl pattern anywhere from 10% to 80% (Depending on the level of product and your hair texture) and in case of wavy or fine hair up to 100% (Consult your stylist to find out correct type and level of treatment) while keeping nice and beautiful body in hair, protect or repair, and recondition damage hair and bring back to healthy level.
- There is NO retouch application only, since the more you do these treatment, it seals into the hair more and more, so it will be done from roots to ends again each time.
Hair Extensions Maintenance Guide
- Brush your hair and remove all tangles, then wash it while upright, do not flip the hair over in the opposite direction.
- We recommend Sophia La belle Shampoo and hydrating conditioner to keep the hair soft as it is specifically formulated for hair Keratin Treated and Hair Extensions. Too much conditioner or any other hair care products can cause build up and tangling.
- Stay away from products containing alcohol, oil or ethanol, as these ingredients make hair dry and could compromise the adhesive on the extensions.
- Never sleep on wet hair – make sure hair is completely dry before going to bed, then gently tie hair up or braid hair to prevent tangling.
- Start with a extension brush, brushing in a downward motion, begin at the ends of the hair and gently work towards the top (do not brush harshly).
- Brush hair 2 to 3 times a day
- When using heat tools to style, make sure to protect the extensions with a thermal styling product. Excessive heat can reduce the life of the extensions. Do not isolate heat on the adhesive bands.
- Our stylist will handle all chemical processes while extensions are being worn (e.g. perm, color, and keratin).
- Hair tangles when dirt and sweat build up so wear hair up or in a ponytail when exercising and be sure to wash hair after working out, swimming, etc.
- We recommend applying a small amount of Sophia La Belle Leave-in conditioner spray prior to swimming. This prevents the hair from absorbing harmful elements, such as chlorine or salt water. Exposing extensions to sunscreen may cause discoloration.